“An over controlled team works under “orientation stress”. An under controlled team works under “vacuum stress”. Only Balanced Leadership facilitates the team’s active interplay.”
British and german studies found out independently, that orchestras can only succeed in the long term, if they manage competing demands effectively. It’s not the question “democracy or alignment?”, but how to switch over depending on the challenges.
- Competing demands are challenging executives and teams
- They are e.g. speed/complexity, diversity/efficiency, and creativity/standardization
- Under pressure, the “common understanding of the common piece” gets out of sight
- Working modes get incompatible
- The “common understanding of the common piece” must be consolidated
- “Balancing Leadership & Team” means to manage competing demands effectively